A beautiful bathroom helps you begin and end your days in luxury and comfort.
Make this important room into a personal retreat.
Most of us think about bathrooms in terms of function. And that’s the first need! In addition, consider your bathroom as a room of beauty and comfort! It’s not hard to change a drab bathroom into a luxurious cocoon.
For a calm, serene look and feel, use neutral colors, like white or off-white. If you’re looking for energy, select bold and bright colors, and consider coordinating an en-suite bathroom color scheme with the bedroom color.
Some obvious places to start your bathroom plan are:
- A paint color that makes you feel pampered
- An elegant vanity, maybe even a vintage table that’s repurposed
- New countertops, backsplashes and sinks
- Updated hardware, including faucets, pulls and handles, available in a variety of styles and finishes
- Beautiful framed mirrors, instead of frameless wall-to-wall mirrors
- Layered lighting that’s beautiful AND functional, and maybe even a skylight to bring in natural light
Redoing the shower or tub is a bigger project, but how much fun to create a luxurious bathing experience. This is a good place to spurge on finishes and hardware since you’ll enjoy them every day of the year.
Function is also key when updating a bathroom.
- Use slip-resistant flooring.
- Select finishes that are easy to clean and resistant to water, especially if you live in a humid environment.
- Plan for as much storage as you need, so the bathroom never looks cluttered.
- Include plenty of towel racks, so towels are easy to reach and have a chance to dry.
- If you have space, include a place to sit, whether it’s a built-in bench or a movable chair or stool.
Are you ready to have a luxurious new retreat in your home? Focus on remodeling your bathroom this season!