An inviting dining room makes your guests feel welcome.
For a while, many people weren’t interested in a formal dining room and even converted their dining rooms into libraries, billiard rooms or offices. Today the dining room is back! Many homeowners want to create a beautiful setting for dining with their family and friends. A dining room’s function is key, of course, but the dining room is about so much more than just eating a meal. It’s about the experience and the ambiance people feel when they dine in your home.
Your table is the anchor of your room, and the chairs are key. These are long-term investments that you’ll have forever, if you purchase high quality. And don’t forget a sideboard or china cabinet to store dishes, silverware and linens close at hand. Here are some tips to optimize your dining room:
- Think about whether you need a table with leaves, if you plan to entertain a crowd.
- Make sure the chairs are comfortable and the right height for the table.
- Use mirrors to make the room seem larger.
- Change the look of your table with linens and table settings, and the look of your chairs with slipcovers.
- Add interest to your walls with wallpaper, an accent painted wall or wainscoting.
- Plan for beautiful lighting, including a chandelier, and even wall sconces or buffet lamps.
- Add window coverings that provide both beauty and function, especially when the late afternoon sun is streaming in.
- And, of course, decorate your dining room for the holidays for added cheer.
For more ideas or for help with your next design project, please contact us here at Delux Drapery & Shade Co