Royal blue décor creates a feeling of safety and calm.
Royal blue is a beautiful shade of blue, just a touch lighter than navy or midnight blue, and a tad darker than steel blue or French blue. Royal blue is often called Mediterranean Blue. Cobalt, lapis and Greek blue are similar to royal blue and can be substituted.
Psychologically, blue is a calming, fresh and harmonious color, so it’s perfect for a home environment. The darker shades of blue, like royal blue, remind us of the sea or the dark evening sky.
Royal blue helps bring a room to life and brings other colors in the room into focus.
It is a bold color, but it tones down well, working as a striking accent when used with lots of neutrals, such as grey, ivory, white and beige or with lighter shades of blue.
You can also add a splash of complementary tangerine or other hues of orange and yellow; the warmer colors create a beautiful balance.
Periwinkle and lavender are also nice touches, paired with royal blue.
Also think of using royal blue in these ways:
- Paired with soft and filmy white fabrics for a summery, cool décor
- With nautical and ocean themes
- For a dramatic powder room or foyer accent wall
- With ceramic stools, lamps and urns, to create an Asian look
- With patterned tile, fabrics and rugs to build a Moroccan style
- With Delft patterns to create a traditional Dutch look Add a sense of calmness and peace to your interior plan this year by adding royal blue.
For more ideas or for help with your next design project, please contact us here at Delux Drapery & Shade Co